The CBF seeks a Finance Officer (FO) with a proven record of success in institutional financial management, including budgeting accounting, and grant-making financial management.
The Financial Officer will provide support to CBF Programs and the CBF
Senior Finance Officer (SFO) on the timely financial information on all grantmaking programs in compliance with the CBF legal and operational procedures and requirements
to facilitate effective management and reporting to the CBF Board and Donors.
The Finance Officer will report to the SFO and will enter into a contract agreement with the CBF. This position is open to individuals only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support SFO in the financial and procurement review to CBF’s
beneficiaries and grantees.
- Support the Senior Finance Officer with report preparation, budgeting and
forecasting for all programs and projects.
- Assists SFO in preparation and support to CBF Finance Committee.
- Supports SFO in maintaining up-to-date financial management policies
- Assist SFO with operational budget monitoring and analysis.
6. Assists with other financial management tasks assigned related to the job.
C. Program Support
- Maintain all schedules for the CBF Secretariat relating to funding and disbursements to CBF’s beneficiaries.
- Support the audit processes for the CBF as required for the organization, and its donors.
- Support the annual accounting process to include:
- Ensuring all transactions relating to CBF beneficiaries are in
- Support all CBF projects and programs accounts by the 10th
working day of each month.
- Support general monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements
generation as required.
- Support the maintenance of accounting schedules.
- Support the preparation of budget for the CBF Secretariat.
D. Travel expectation
- Leads CBF Programs’ reviews, records and tracking of expenditures under grantmaking
- Ensures compliance with the internal financial policies and procedures when
processing grants, payments and reimbursements.
- Assists Program Managers on reviewing level of expenditure within grant agreements and determining level of funding to be disbursed to grantees
following requests for funding.
- Prepare financial program and project financial reports for approval by the Senior
- Support the disbursement process to CBF Beneficiaries.
- Prepare program and project payment requests for approval.
- Manage payment notifications to CBF team and stakeholders
- Support the preparation of financial reports for donors and any other stakeholders
- Support the maintenance of the CBF Endowment Transaction Tracking System and the preparation of payment calculations and status updates to Partner NCTFs.
- Travel is expected within the Caribbean region and internationally to monitor implementation at project sites, conducting financial and
operations checks and advise CBF beneficiaries as required.