May 12, 2020 - The Caribbean Biodiversity Fund team hopes that you, your loved ones, and your colleagues are keeping safe and well. The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically impacted life as we know it, with terms such as social distancing, quarantine and isolation becoming normalized in our daily vocabulary and practices.
May 12, 2020 - The CBF welcomed Guyana as an observer at our Annual Meeting in Antigua in June 2019, and by December 2019 the Guyana Sub-Account was established in the CBF Endowment Fund with support from KfW. Guyana has a National Conservation Trust Fund (NCTF) – the Protected Areas Trust (Guyana) (GPAT), which was established by the Protected Areas Act 2011 and began operations in 2014. Here is a feature on the Trust.
May 12, 2020 - The Caribbean Biodiversity Fund’s (CBF) Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) Facility approved 11 projects under its 1st Call for Proposals to implement EbA solutions within the marine and coastal zones of 10 Caribbean countries.
On May 12, 2020 - The CBF celebrated an important milestone with the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Conservation Fund (SVGCF) – they issued their first call for proposals, which is an important milestone for any Conservation Trust Fund. Below is a brief summary of the SVGCF Call processand what we can look for from them as they move forward. Congratulations to Chairman Michael John, Executive Director Vanburn Harry and their amazing team!
Dominican Republic, May 12, 2020 - The Caribbean Biodiversity Fund (CBF) Ecosystem based Adaptation (EbA) Facility, in collaboration with the German Development Bank (KfW), the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), and the German Development Agency (GIZ) convened the 1st EbA Workshop in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 25-26 February, 2020.
May 12, 2020 - The OECS Commission has indicated that the deadline to receive applications for the Business Pitch component of the Sustainable Development Movement has been extended to May 15th 2020.
Follow this link to apply: https://forms.gle/D75HqWFt896hKhu1A.
More Articles ...
- CBF and Blue Finance partner to build Public Private Partnerships for Marine Conservation
- CBF EBA FACILITY SECOND CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS OPEN
- CBF receives 20 million euros top-up for ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change from kfw - on behalf of the german federal ministry of environment, nature conservation, and nuclear safety (bmu)
- Caribbean sustainable finance architecture continues to grow with injection of 25.5 million Euros from KfW on behalf of the German government
- New Caribbean Challenge Initiative (CCI) coordinator
- CBF and NCTFs support Bahamas through the Bahamas Protected Areas Fund
- Caribbean Biodiversity Fund Approves US$12 Million for Ecosystem-based Adaptation to Climate Change in 10 Caribbean Countries
- NCTF Spotlight: National Conservation Trust Fund of Jamaica
- CCI-CBF Week 2019 is in Antigua and Barbuda
- Measuring the CCI 20by20 Goal